Friday, July 11, 2008
Book Publisher: Harper Paperbacks (09 November, 2004)
Book author: Glenn Mcgee
Amazon Rating: 5.0
Genetic science is about to radically alter our lives. Sooner than you can imagine, human beings will be capable of diagnosing their own illnesses, designating the sex of their children, even designing the food they eat — all as easily as using a cell phone. Now is the time for every one of us to take control of our DNA, and one man is uniquely qualified to show us how: Glenn McGee, bioethicist at the University of Pennsylvania, pioneer in the study of "home genetics," and the acknowledged wunderkind of the exciting world found at the nexus of life science and computer technology.
One of the most respected authorities in the field of genomics — the study of the genetic "software" inside plants, animals, and us — McGee takes us on an eye-opening journey behind the headlines and into the heart of this formidable cutting-edge science. Probing the far-ranging ethical and legal implications of genomic research, McGee tackles its most controversial and hotly debated aspects — from patenting your DNA to genetic engineering at the supermarket — and explodes unnecessary fears about this wondrous new knowledge.
We live in a brave new world. Beyond Genetics provides us with the knowledge we need to take the right steps forward into tomorrow … and beyond.
Labels: medical ebooks collection
posted by manzaa at 8:39 AM
- Advanced Cancer Care
- Wiley Handbook of Current and Emerging Drug Therap...
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Psychosocial Assessment ...
- CT Teaching Manual: A Systematic Approach To CT Re...
- Essential Microbiology for Dentistry
- Color Atlas of Diagnostic Microbiology
- Treating Health Anxiety and Fear of Death: A Pract...
- North Carolina Medical Journal
- Diabetes and Its Management
- Modern Epidemiology, 3rd Edition